What ever you do…do NOT look at the ingredients list!
*Sigh*…You looked didn’t you? Are you scared? Are you still here?
If you haven’t clicked away then you are either…
- Really determined to make this…
- Captivated by the allure of my writing…
- Have absolutely nothing better to do…
Whatever your reason. I thank you. Let’s talk about this Mexican Chorizo Rice Bowl and that intimidating list of ingredients.
Some of you may have noticed that this is my third Mexican chorizo recipe in less than 2 weeks. Let me explain, a BIG influence for the recipes I make are sales, so when I see 5lbs of chorizo at 40% off…well…you get stuff like (This and This). I’m not cheap! Hehe, I just have an income that makes me highly influenced by yellow stickers labeled BOGO. You will know when I am wealthy! I will put caviar, truffles and gold leaf on EVERYTHING! Until then…let’s just enjoy this humble Mexican Chorizo Rice Bowl.
I got the idea for this bowl from a fast food chain called Chipotle Mexican Grill. I enjoy their food, some of my friends think they over-rated. If you have one in your area then decide for yourself. Aside from the idea, this bowl was built for the following reasons:
- I love Chorizo and Chipotle doesn’t offer that option.
- As mentioned above, I had an excessive amount of chorizo to use.
- The bulk of the ingredients were leftovers.
So what does this mean for you? Well, it means that making this will require a fair amount of ingredients but on the up side, this is a fantastic recipe to make in bulk. You can also take out and put in what ever you want. Seriously, it’s just a bowl of rice with stuff on top…don’t over complicate it.
If you have already decided to make this with out any changes then you can expect:
- Fragrant Cilantro Lime Rice
- Freshness from the Corn Salsa
- Creaminess from the Avocado
- Spiciness from the Mexican chorizo
- Smokiness from the Paprika Crema
- Egg…for vanity, yeah…that’s the only reason.
So there you have it. I want you to walk away from this with an idea and not a recipe. This bowl of Mexican packed awesomeness was me working with what I had. So for you, I suggest you let your leftovers, weekly sales or odd cravings dictate what ends up on your bowl. Take what you can of my recipe and make it your own!