The Disney princesses get all the love but maybe the villains wouldn’t be so evil if someone just stopped and gave them a hug. Just maybe a bit of admiration. That’s what I though anyways. Turns out, you guys love them regardless.
I gave you guys a choice on the next Disney Character inspired dessert and you all didn’t disappoint. Maleficent got over 80% of the love. So here it is, a Maleficent inspired Mint Chocolate Tart!
Let me clarify some things before I start. I am a fan of maleficent (Angelina Jolie version, not the animated one) but found the Sleeping Beauty movie rather painful to watch. SO…MANY…WTF MOMENTS!
- Why didn’t Maleficent just turn into a dragon from the start and lay waste to the party? That would have made the movie a lot shorter and much more interesting.
- Why a sleeping spell? Making someone sleep just doesn’t seem evil to me, waking someone up does.
- Kissing without consent? Pretty messed up but miles better than the original story that this movie was based off of (The Grimms Brother version).
Now that I have destroyed any chance of getting sponsored by Disney, let’s get on with this magnificently malicious dessert.
Initially, I had no idea of what to make but I knew I had to incorporate the gorgeous green flames that Maleficent is known for. I went with mint and everything else simply fell into place. Dark chocolate seemed like the perfect match. Oreo crust because…um…do I really need to justify this?
This Mint Chocolate Tart is…
- A crisp oreo crust…
- with a dark chocolate layer…
- that holds a healthy amount of mint pastry cream…
- complete with chocolate thorns.
So there you have it! A crunchy chocolaty crust with a bittersweet layer of chocolate that plays off of the refreshing and smooth mint cream that sits on top. I hope I lived up to your expectations with this one. I’m going to work on the Sleeping Beauty (Aurora) next. Thanks for swinging by!
PS. Here is a picture of Pim and I after a 4 hour wait to meet Maleficent from a few years back.
PPS. I had no idea that it was a 4 hour wait before hand.
PPPS. No, I wouldn’t wait that long again but was happy I did.