I hate soup. Hate it!
Well, I thought I did. Growing up there were two things I didn’t eat. The first being soup and the second being anything that remotely looks like soup. I have no idea why, it was just how my brain worked. So why am I giving you a Strawberry Yogurt Soup recipe?
Since I started this blog, I have met countless individuals that inspired or pushed me to do better. I have tackled challenges (Like this and this) and completed recipe requests but up until now…I had never made soup.* That’s right! This Strawberry Yogurt Soup took my “soup making virginity.”
Ok! Before I get messages about how this isn’t really a soup, let me explain. I have just started to accept soup into my life. The way I see it, the only thing that separates soups, drinks and sauces is whether you are consuming the liquid with a spoon, straw or on the side. Think about it, Hollandaise Sauce can be a soup or drink if you try hard enough. I suggest that you DO NOT TRY.
Now that my weakly enforced excuse is out of the was, I’ll explain what this Strawberry Yogurt Soup is. It’s a smoothie but by doing a few extra steps…I turned it into an elegant soup. Here are the steps you can take to turn your smoothie into something sexier…
1) The first and most important rule is to convince yourself that this is a soup.
2) Serve it in a bowl with a spoon.
3) Even better, serve it in a plate (do this for fancy points).
4) Garnish, Garnish, Garnish!
5) Serve your guest by slowly (and seductively) pouring your “soup” in front of them. Like so…
6) If you prefer, you may serve this dish with cool designs (implying that you are not only innovative in culinary but also very well versed in art).
That’s it! Easy right?
If you want a more humbling way to enjoy this sweet, creamy, strawberry infused “soup” then pop out a straw and sip away. Doesn’t matter how this gets into your stomach, just find a way to make it happen. There will be actual soup recipes coming soon but until then, happy sipping!
*I microwaved canned soup and instant ramen before but never actually MADE a soup.