As an Asian living in the United States, I feel the overwhelming urge to start this post by saying that…
NO PUPPIES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS COOKIES AND CREAM LAVA CAKE!!
You guys can sit back and relax, this dish was inspired by a villain but I didn’t do anything evil to make it. So now that we got that cleared up, let’s dive into what this is all about.
So a quick description for those that don’t know who this fictional character is:
- Cruella De Vil is a pun for the words “cruel” and “Devil”…
- she is obnoxiously wealthy…
- she has a fur fetish (in my opinion) and…
- was willing to kill and skin puppies to make a fur coat (Yeah, Disney can get pretty dark).
Now let’s talk about the cake. It’s a white chocolate lava cake with bits of chocolate cookie inside; baked until golden brown on the outside and molten on the inside. Some of you may not know who Cruella De Vil is but I’m willing to wager that you know what a Molten lava cake is. These little cakes scream elegance but is secretly really simple to make. Mine is no exception.
How does Cruella De Vil and this Cookies and Cream Lava Cake relate?
- Lava cakes are usually served in pricier restaurants so it matches the wealth of said villain.
- The cookies and cream reminded me of dalmatian fur.
- The powdered sugar alludes to the snow scenes from the movie.
I can give you 101 reasons to give this recipe a try but for the sake of not wasting your time and mine, I’ll just give you three…
- It takes less than 30 minutes to make
- It is an amazing experience for all your senses (lots of textures, alluring aroma, visually stunning, crispiness and the taste is just…wow!)
- Most importantly, this is a dog inspired dish…created by an Asian guy…that you actually want to eat! Do it for the irony!
Check some of my other Disney inspired Recipes below