Have you ever had Thai Pork Satay?
- Chunks of pork that have been skewered for your convenience.
- Served with peanut sauce for your add pleasure.
- With a side of pickled cucumbers to balance the richness.
It’s obnoxiously delicious and pretty much served in all Thai restaurants across the United States. Thai Pork Satay is traditionally a street food, which begs the questions…
- How do you hold all the things listed above while walking?
- How can we get everything into a single bite?
- How blessed is Fiya to have such frivolous thoughts?
You turn them into tacos! The reasoning behind this is rather simple…
- I chose tacos instead of sandwiches because “Thai Tacos” has a ring to it. It sounds so catchy. Which brings me to my next point.
- Today is Tuesday and we have been conditioned to love tacos on Tuesdays. #TacoTuesday
- Who doesn’t love tacos?
Look, you may think my reasons are stupid and you have every right to think so but that doesn’t change how heavenly these tacos are.
So what are Thai Carnitas Tacos?
The long answer: It is another interracial food baby that I have brought into this world. Mexico’s Carnitas and Tacos have been fused with Thailand’s Pork Satay to bring you…
Crispy but moist strands of pork that have been slowly cooked in a Thai coconut stock…
Seductively sauced with red curry spiked peanut sauce…
Topped with refreshingly crisp pickled cucumbers…
Garnished with roasted peanuts, chili, cilantro and lime wedges….
All nestled into a warm tortilla (Yeah, I know what you’re thinking…tortillas give the best hugs…you are so right).
The short answer:…Your new
favorite taco… favorite food…addiction. Yeah, let’s go with that last one.
Well, I have made my case. It is your move now. What are you gonna do?